Friday, December 18, 2009

My Top Three Favorite Records of 2009



I don't need to explain them. These are my favorite albums I heard this year. It's four not three but Converge has to be in the spot but Altar of Plagues stole my heart this year because it felt so lively while still being very heavy and dark. I can feel many emotions while listening to it which I haven't felt in a long time.

3. Coalesce - Ox/Converge - Axe To Fall (TIE)
2. Baroness - Blue Record
1. Altar of Plagues - White Tomb

Other stuff of the second half of 2009 which I thought were great too.
  • Liturgy - Renihilation
  • Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough
  • Portal - Swarth
  • Katatonia - Night Is The New Day
  • Blacklisted - No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me
  • Iron Age - The Sleeping Eye
  • Gaza - He Is Never Coming Back
  • Vivian Girls - Everything Goes Wrong
  • Rise & Fall - Our Circle Is Vicious
  • Marduk - Wormwood
  • Between The Buried & Me - The Great Misdirect
  • the_network - Bishop Kent Manning
  • A Storm of Light - Forgive Us Our Tresspasses

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU. Altar tops my list as well...everyone is quick to jump on the Converge bandwagon, which is deserved, but damn if 'White Tomb' didn;t bury EVERYTHING. Awesome vid as well. Thanks.

    .: Chris

    ReplyDelete